The practice aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
The data controller is Cally Gedge.
This Privacy Notice is available on the website and by email.
You will be asked to provide personal information when contacting the company. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide optimum health care to you.
The categories of data we process are:
- Personal data for the purposes of staff and self-employed team member management
- Personal data for the purposes of [direct mail/email/text/other] marketing
- Personal data for the purpose of arranging aid trips
We never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a contract for them to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential.
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Personal data is obtained when a person subscribes to an email list
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
The retention period for special data in patient records is a minimum of 10 years and may be longer for complex records in order to meet our legal requirements. The retention period for staff records is 6 years. The retention periods for other personal data is 2 years after it was last processed. Details of other retention periods are available in the Record Retention procedure available.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Further details of these rights can be seen in our Information Governance Procedures or at the Information Commissioner’s website.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact us for a comment, suggestion or a complaint about your data processing at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0113 827 0160. We take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Related practice procedures
You can also use these contact details to request copies of the following practice policies or procedures:
- Data Protection and Information Security Policy, Consent Policy
- Privacy Impact Assessment, Information Governance Procedures